Employment law can be extremely complex whether you are the employer or the employee. At O’Donnell Breen-Walsh O’Donoghue we aim to simplify matters by breaking down the law as it applies to your particular problem so that we can give straightforward and practical legal advice in an easy to understand manner.
Dealing with employment issues in the workforce can be extremely time consuming and have a detrimental effect on the running of your business. While you need to tackle the issue head-on, it is vital you adhere to Employment legislation. The experienced team at O’Donnell Breen-Walsh O’Donoghue can provide comprehensive, practical, to-the-point legal advice on a range of employment issues.
Knowing how to deal with your employer if you feel you have been unfairly treated or are being pushed into a situation you are not comfortable with can be daunting. It is important to remember your employer must abide by Employment legislation and due process when it comes to dealing with employees. The team at O’Donnell Breen-Walsh O’Donoghue are very approachable and take a practical and straightforward approach to dealing with employment issues as we want to help you to get the best possible resolution in any employment issue or concern you may have.
Employment Law areas we can help with include…
- Unfair and Constructive Dismissal Claims (Employer and Employee)
- Drafting Employment Contracts and other employer/employee agreements as necessary
- Representation before the Workplace Relations Commission, Employment Appeals Tribunal, Equality Tribunal, Labour Court and the Civil Courts in respect of a wide range of employment claims
- The negotiation and review of existing contracts to ensure terms and conditions of employment comply with current legislation
- Drafting Employee Handbooks
- Drafting Policies and Procedures documents to include codes of practice including e-mail and internet use, disciplinary procedures and grievance procedures
- Advising on Health and Safety Legislation and regulations
- Drafting of Termination and Severance Agreements
- Advising on the Transfer of Undertaking legislation in terms of the sale and purchase of businesses and the rights of employees in such situations
- Advice on legal entitlements to Annual Leave, Sick pay, Maternity rights and minimum notice requirements to be given
- Advising on Redundancy Entitlements and Retirement Benefits
If you are an employer needing to comply with Employment Law on workplace issues, or an employee having problems with your employer and looking for advice and support, contact the team at O’Donnell Breen-Walsh O’Donoghue who are available to help.
O'Donnell Breen-Walsh O'Donoghue Solicitors
Trinity House, 8 Georges Quay, Cork.
Tel: 021 4313911
Fax: 021 4320316